Hands are extremely important to carry out our tasks but then they should be paid equal importance. Even though they undergo extensive working but they definitely require the care and treatment; after all, they’re the most noticeable parts of our body. The treatment is much more than washing and moisturizing them since they tasks they take up is extremely rough. Such menial tasks include doing the laundry, doing the dishes, cleaning floors and even gardening. These tasks make your hands lose their softness; rather become rough and discoloration is most likely to occur, as well.
Taking care of your hands isn’t a tough job; in fact, you can carry out these simple steps at home, too.
- Cold weather tends to suck out the suppleness from your hands which is why you should make sure that they are always covered and kept warm. This ought to keep your hands wrinkle free.
- Moisturizing is core to soft hands; always use a good nutrient rich hand cream.
- Acetone, an element present in nail polish removers, tends to make your nails dry. Hence, avoid them at all costs.
- Cuticles give your hand a rough look; hence, it is advisable that you push them down after a shower, when it is easy it to do so, with a good cuticle pusher. Presence of cuticles ensures that there shall be no fungal growth or bacterial infestation but they can grow rapidly, too, which is why they need the required pushing. People would, often, suggest cutting them off but never do so; it will only lead to a painful situation; hangnails.
- Nail polishes tend to fascinate everyone but it is suggested that you give your nails a “nail polish free week”.
- Exfoliation of dead cells in your hand is essential. When they build up they create a hard rough cover on your hands which no cream can penetrate, either. Using a mixture of sea salt and lemon juice is the best remedy. Use a toothbrush to gently rub on your hands and remove the dead cells.
- The sun rays can cause severe damages to your skin; apart from discoloration your skin may also undergo some other ailments. Hence, rub sunscreen all over the exposed hands to protect them.
- Saggy or loose skin or wrinkles are a common sight in older people; you can greatly reduce the impact of aging with lemon juice. Simply, dip a cotton piece in lemon juice and rub it all over your hands.
- Softness is highly desired and equally impossible to achieve, but rubbing petroleum jelly on them and then covering them with cotton gloves can revive the baby soft hands you’ve been working.
- A good blood circulation gives a pleasant look to your hands; do some exercises with them repeatedly. A very common yet effective one of such exercise is clenching your fists for ten seconds and then throw your fingers out with a jerk. Try doing so, for approximately, ten times a day.
Manicures, ages ago, was a luxury. But, today, it has become more of a necessity. A professional manicure can greatly reduce the tension in your hands and bring out the best in them. These services can do a job much better than what you do at home; hence, avail such services two to three times a week.